Infrastructure management of an organization’s IT is the management of basic operations components like equipment, policies, processes, human resources, data, equipment, and external interaction, and contacts, for overall efficiency and effectiveness.
Infrastructure management is divided into categories of network management, systems management and storage management. Each one of these aspects have several technologies and tools and an engineer who works with these need to be trained in the specific products to work efficiently with them. Infrastructure management products are made available by a number of vendors like IBM and Microsoft.
Infrastructure Management aims at:
- Reducing duplication of work
- Enhancing information flow all through the information system
- Ensuring adherence to standards
- Promotion of adaptability that is required for a changeable environment
- Changing of management practices and policies
- Maintaining effectiveness
- Ensuring interoperability among external and organizational entities
Investments in a good infrastructure management are known to have the single largest impact on the revenue of an organization.
IIHT offers Diploma Programmes under IT-IMS.