Academicians are embracing the internet as the newest tool in the classroom. But more recently, it is entirely possible to pursue education courses of your dreams from the comfort of your home as you engage in a job or just travel the world. Even with widespread awareness about online education, a lot of people hold misconceptions about it. Virtual courses are so much more than just plain ‘online’. We assume many of our readers will learn more about virtual interactive live learning from this article. Here are 5 awesome surprises you will hit upon when going through an Online Learning Experience:
- Virtual education can actually be pretty hands-on: A lot of people assume virtual classes to be just reading documents or watching recorded videos after which they fill out course tests. This can’t be more wrong, when it comes to Blended Learning at IIHT, a lot of the work that is assigned in the classes is hands-on. Students are actively encouraged to get on to the cloud labs to practice and explore the principles they have learnt through assignments. This gives you the attitude of an independent programmer right from the start.
- Online education encourages a lot of human interaction: One may imagine that there is limited interaction between students and lecturers or between just the students. But in reality, there is a lot of human interaction that goes on. You are encouraged to regularly partner with other students to learn and complete projects. This can happen over a plethora of media – through the Learning Management System, chat, email, video call, social media etc.
- Virtual courses aren’t the second best option to F2F classes: It is always assumed that virtual classes are for people who do not have a flexible schedule that allows them to take up F2F classes. Wrong! A lot of students simply like the flexibility and the comfort of being able to study from home. Such students also like to learn at their own pace making it even more desirable.
- One can build long-lasting relationships through online classes: Online classes can open up unimaginable experiences for students. When one signs up for an online education, it can, we dare say, be life changing. Students get exposed to new ideas; meet others across the world with similar dreams and aspiration and teachers who are passionate about what the students want to do. People bond instantly and even years after the course, collaborate or work with fellow students from the class. Some even turn out to be close friends. It is possible to create long-lasting career relationships and friendships through virtual learning.
- One need not do everything alone: A lot of students think they will be more responsible with their course if they had their teacher right before them physically teaching, but that isn’t true. Yes, virtual learning gives you a lot more flexibility, but that does not mean you do not have accountability. A lot of times, professors contact students if their grades are dropping. You will be made part of the community, will have to take quizzes, do assignments and submit projects like in a regular face to face course.
IIHT’s virtual live interactive courses in the most in-demand technologies have all of this to offer and we see amazing, constructive interactions between all participants of our blended learning courses.