Learning Management System is an application that is used to document, administer, report, track, and deliver training and education courses. Learning Management System (LMS) has the power to transform learning by moving learning processes beyond the walls of the classrooms in order to get students to take ownership of when, where, and how they can learn. In essence, it is a personalized, powerful tool for learning.
The educational scenario has evolved to embrace various degrees of the Learning Management System – right from the building of the platform on cloud-based repositories that are focused on simple file sharing, to full-fledged, robust systems that can handle informative analytics and rich content. A Learning Management System needs to be built in a way that it empowers learning and not hinder it. When organizations pick the right system, students end up winning – in a big way. If you are wondering what your students are missing, let us tell you 5 ways learning management systems can help your students:
- Increased participation: When students sit through real-time activities and discussions, the participation automatically moves from optional to compulsory. When you direct your students to dynamic content that can be accessed by any device of the students’ choice, where you can monitor active users instead of being limited to the classroom board, you naturally increase the engagement. Here, the interaction can be of clearing doubts immediately, exchanging ideas, and asking questions. A Learning Management System has the capacity to level the playing field and pushes even the slowest of learners into becoming valuable contributors.
- Learning becomes centralized: Students from various locations, all have their course material consolidated in a single, online centralized location. The learning curve, speed, and quality can vary from classroom to classroom in the traditional method of teaching. With LMS, however, students will be able to prepare better for success when there is a consistent platform that includes assignments, discussions, assessments, labs, resources etc.
- Round the clock access: You will be amazed at what can be achieved when you give students control of their learning. When students have uninterrupted access to course content, they can manage their academics much better with anywhere, anytime access. The period meant for studying is no more limited to just large review periods. This helps students build valuable time management skills and they can learn on the go.
- Communication is expanded: When you have an LMS in place, students are encouraged to share their ideas, opinions, and solutions openly, and this expands their understanding of the content via discussion boards and groups. Collaboration is easily on an LMS and this encourages in honing 21st-century technical skill set that prepares them better for a career. The notification feature too helps students stay up-to-date with all events, activities, and announcements on a real-time basis which can be delivered right to their mobile devices.
- Frequent feedback: When you make students wait for too long, they lose the context of the valuable feedback from the instructors. Research has indicated that students showed improved performance when they were given timely feedback. The system gives students the facility to submit their assignments in a single location and also provides instructors with a more simplified feedback and grading process which can save time significantly. Students are able to respond to instructor’s comments and suggestions at any time.
When it comes to the ways in which an LMS can help students, the advantages are far-reaching. It embodies the goals of IIHT, a premium IT training institute that has a reputation for creating cutting-edge solutions in order to provide industry oriented, top class training to students across the world.
Read more on Academia Learning Solution.