When as an educationist, you or your organization has a great deal of subject matter, with dynamic content and a large audience, Learning Management Systems (LMS) should become an integral part of your course delivery. Many educational institutions across the world are adopting Learning Management Systems; why you ask? Here are the top 8 reason:
- All course content organized in a single location: Instead of having all the study material spread across different mediums, devices, and hard drives, with LMS you can have it all in a single location. The risk of losing crucial data is reduced this way, and creating content that needs to reach far and wide instantly gets easier. Educationists who use cloud-based Learning Management Systems can grant all members and trainers of the organization access to information instantly thanks to it all being stored on a remote server. This is why it is the most preferred method for online collaborations too.
- Anytime, anywhere, any device access to LMS course material: As soon as your course material is uploaded and made live, it becomes accessible to all students immediately indefinitely. A great advantage of LMS is the easy access to all course material from any device making it convenient to use on the go. It can be accessed by mobiles and tablets too, so you do not have to wait for live session times to read the material for developing skills or performing tasks. This feature is especially useful when institutions have students spread across the globe in different time zones.
- Tracking students’ performance and progress becomes easier: Learning Management Systems allow the trainers and facilitators to keep track of the progress of their students, making sure they reach their performance milestones. For example, if a student is unable to attend sessions, supplementary resources like recorded videos can be made available to them. LMS also has analytics features and reporting tools that help trainers by giving indications on areas of improvement. Since the course material is available live, trainers also have the choice of making changes by modifying content to suit learners.
- Cost of learning and development goes down: Learning Management System can give educationists the power to completely eliminate cost spent on travel, printed course material, learning center rental and infrastructure. The course participants can complete the entire course online with just browser-based applications! This certainly saves you a lot of money.
- Time for learning and development reduces: The information students need are given in an organized and direct way, reducing the duration of training. A lot of unnecessary, time-consuming occurrences are eliminated. The understanding of sessions can be instantly tested with quizzes and this increases memory retention. With blended learning, educationists are also able to give their students real life like experiences like simulations and scenarios by having videos that explain tough tasks, principles, and processes.
- Helps organizations stay updated with compliance regulations: There are organizations that need to stay updated with certain regulations or learn up latest versions of a specific technology. Upgrades of software happen on a regular basis and these changes can be difficult to incorporate in a traditional teaching environment This is where LMS work its magic, making it available everywhere, as you choose, almost instantly. This also helps institutions maintain uniformity in course material, and deliverance across all participant locations.
- Expansion of learning material: You can easily add modules as and when one wishes, making a course highly agile, without having to redo and reprinting the entire course material.
- Integration of social learning experiences: An LMS can help make social learning possible with interesting tools and applications. It can link to social media applications like Twitter, Facebook etc. that are beneficial for learners. Peer collaboration increases engagement and participation of learners.
These points make it clear why top educationists use Learning Management System. There are several premium institutions including A-list management and technological institutions that make use of LMS to conduct courses. IIHT has been a pioneer in cutting-edge learning solutions.