‘IT’ has evolved over the years, beginning from dotcom, then Y2K, then 2008 recession and now the Big Data boom! Truly, we all are living in the ‘IT Era’, where all of our lives are positively or negatively affected by Information Technology.
In contrast to the traditional professionals like Medical, Chartered Accountancy and Law, today’s youth prefer to enter the vast field of IT, where everyday ‘Learning’ is the key to success! Infact, IT has evolved from mere a data entry job to the exciting field of data analytics. IT is for everyone! A highly creative person can go for graphics and animation, whereas a person with strong logical skills can go for programming and analytics. IT is quite vast; there is an interest value for everyone!
Below Statistics speak for themselves, how important the field of ‘Information Technology’; has become!
- In one of the recent studies in U.S., “IT jobs will grow 22% through 2020.”
- At present there are more than 2.5 million direct IT jobs available in the market. India is on the way to becoming the largest IT capital of the world.
- Major cities like Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi-NCR, Pune, Hyderabad, Kolkata contribute to major Indian IT Exports.
- According to recent reports from NASSCOM, “IT and ITES sectors in India, annually grow at the rate of about 25%.”
Some of the major IT roles:
- Software Engineering
- Systems Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Technical Support
- Network Engineer
- Web Developer
- Cloud Architect
- System Administrator
- Windows Server Administrator
- Active Directory Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Java UI Developer
- Android App Developer
- Cloud Administrator
- Hadoop Administrator
- Data Scientist
- Web Developer
- UI Designer
Very Senior positions in IT include:
- IT Managers
- IT Project Managers
- IT Consultants
- IT Directors
- Chief Technology Officers
- Chief Information Officers
The interesting fact is that, IT has become such an integrated part of every industry, IT roles are present in every sector you think of – whether it is healthcare, retail, pharmaceuticals, automobile, banking, BPO/KPO, agriculture, consumer goods and so on. IT ‘nerds’ are required everywhere!
Pros of getting employed in IT roles:
- Good pay, rewarding career
- Creativity, out of the box thinking
- Opportunities to grow, great job prospects
- Job skills are given more importance than educational qualification
- IT jobs are omnipresent
- Diverse field and experience
Some cons of getting employed in IT roles:
- Long working hours
- Technologies become obsolete soon
- Job security is not guaranteed
Employment Opportunities in IT is highest in the following sectors:
- Hardware and Networking
- Software Engineering
- Big Data Analytics
- Mobile App Development
- Cloud Computing
- Machine Learning
- IT Security
With the advent of Digital India, IT sector is only going to grow further and further. Several interesting Job Roles are coming up in iSMACTechnologies (IT-IMS, Social, Mobility, Analytics and Cloud).
Though there are several IT training institutes, mushrooming here and there, there are very few of them that provide job-oriented training to its students and make them employable in the job market. IIHT is the leading IT Training Institute, offering job-based courses and programmes since 1993. Equipped with state-of-the-art computer labs, industry-based curriculum, well-experienced faculty, 150+ centres spread in 20+ countries and 94.3% placement record, IIHT stand tall today, after training 1.5 million students till date!
Some of the Popular Programmes at IIHT include ITMS, Networking, Java, .Net, Android App Development, Big Data and Hadoop, Cloud Computing, Web App Development and more.
Sky is the limit, if you consider the following points:
- Be ready to relocate to another city, if the related job opportunity is outside your city.
- Be ready to learn everyday and keep yourself updated with new emerging technologies.
- Along with your technical skills, also work on your communication and soft skills. These skills will take you to next level in your career.
If ‘IT’ is where your career lies, wait no more! Enroll at your nearest IIHT center Today!