Conducting tests is a major part of the recruiting process for several companies and preparing for it should most certainly be a major part of your career development. Aptitude tests measure abilities, levels of expertise that can be a valuable way to monitor progress. There are many benefits to taking aptitude tests periodically and making use of the experience and results to advance in career. Here is a list of the top 10:
- You are informed of your aptitude results: Aptitude tests are a crucial part of screening processes for employers and you do not want to be surprised when you take the test for the first time at an interview. When you stay updated with aptitude tests, you remain self aware – of your strengths and weaknesses. This will help you score well for employer tests.
- Determines your standing in the industry: Incase a potential employer enquires why you think you are good enough for the job; you will have a well thought out answer based on the aptitude test. This allows you to give an accurate answer to the interviewer.
- Know why your career is stagnant: If you are an employed person and it appears that you haven’t moved up from your position in your career, then there is a good likelihood that it is not the employer’s fault. Aptitude test will let you know if it has anything to do with you yourself and what areas you are lacking in.
- Know what to work on: One of the most important benefits of an aptitude test is that it exposes us to the areas of our education and experience we will need to work on in order to get ahead.
- Deciding factor in getting a raise: Aptitude tests can show if you are a valued employee in your field and help turn that value into a better salary. When you switch jobs, this can form a great basis for you to ask for a raise.
- Acts as guidelines for upskilling decisions: When you have the results of your aptitude test, you can make accurate, informed decisions on what skilling courses to take, making your time and money worth the investment.
- Helps check options: If you always felt like you were meant to do something else despite working in a specific field for years, it’s high time you take an aptitude test. This will tell you what your strong areas are and give you deeper insight into what could suite you better.
- Grab the promotion: Your Company may not think of promoting you since they may not see you as competent in a specific field. In order to improve that, you can show results of your aptitude test that can help you work in areas that will improve your competency and eventually start a conversation for change.
- Discover your hidden talents: You may have certain inner traits or talents that are untapped which could actually be used in your career. A lot of times you may not be aware of them yourself. Aptitude tests will certainly help uncover that and help you enhance in those areas.
- Switch careers: Instead of wondering what other jobs you can be qualified for, you can get yourself a guiding hint. An aptitude test gives you exactly that – help you understand what other career could be good for you and what to improve on in order to start a career in that field.
Jobready.iiht.com, an initiative by IIHT has several aptitude tests that you can try out!