Ever wondered why Google has chosen a 20 year old Java language and not the 50 year old C for developing its Android apps? The popularity of the programming language can be one of the factors attributable to that. But more than that, it’s the simplicity of the language and its easy-and-free-to-use features that has caught the imagination of both learners and professionals in the field.
Such are the wide spread applications of Java language today that its all pervasive presence just can’t be missed. As per a study on the global use of the programming language, at present 125 million television devices, 97 per cent of Enterprise Desktops and 3 billion mobile phones run on Java. This is apart from the 5 billion Java Cards that are currently in use.
Dearth of professionals
Java, no doubt, has emerged as the number one choice of mobile application developers. For all its easy-to-learn and use features, there is still a dearth of Java professionals in the IT industry today. According to a study by an Indian job site at any given day there are over 16,000 Java vacancies waiting to be filled up by Java trained professionals.
Much sought after
Further, Java has been among the top 10 much sought after skills by the hiring companies in the lookout for cloud candidates. By virtue of Java being a basis for numerous open source projects, the demand for job-ready Java professionals is likely to witness a surge for a long time to come. Java also scores over C and C++ in the job market. Candidates without prior knowledge of C and C++ can straightaway enrol themselves for a Java programmer’s course.
‘I love Java’
But why there has been a surge in interest for training courses in Java? Why only Java? Why professionals have no hesitation in terming Java as the best programming language created ever? Find out yourselves, why it is so:
- Java is an easy to learn programming language. It consists of syntax similar to that of English with minimum magic characters. It is an easy to read programme. For anyone who is able to overcome initial learning hurdles like installing JDK (Java Development Kit), setting up path, understanding working of Classpath, writing programme in Java becomes much easier.
- Java being an object oriented programming Language makes it a popular language.
- Java’s Rich API or Application Programming Interface, a set of functions and procedures that allows the creation of applications that access the data of an operating system, application, or other service, has also greatly contributed to its success.
- Java’s powerful development tools like Eclipse and Netbeans has perhaps made it one of the best programming languages. Integrated Development Environment or IDE has made Java programme development faster, fluent and easier.
- The easy availability of open source libraries facilitates use of Java anywhere. Frameworks like ‘Spring’, ‘Struts’, ‘Maven’ enable Java adhere to the best practices of software craftsmanship.
- Backing of a strong community of Java users and professionals has added to the strength of Java programming language and platform. Java’s active forums extend all possible help with the programming language, especially to the new learners of the language.
Java is free!
Finally, Wow! Learning Java is tot-a-l-l-y free! There is no need for anyone to pay anything for creating Java applications. This has been so since the inception of the programming language. What stronger reason can be than this to learn Java today and take advantage of the lucrative job opportunities in the market?
Java at IIHT
At the IIHT, India’s premier and one of the Asia’s leading skill-gap training institute having trained 10 Lakh students in the IT space so far, offers a comprehensive diploma programme in Java. The programme teaches students about Operating System, Programming Fundamentals, Object Oriented Concepts, Software Engineering, Testing Fundamentals, EIM Fundamentals, Core Java, Industry Practices, Junit, J2EE Architecture, Servlets, JSP, Java Script, Ajax and DOJO, Angular JS, J2EE Design, Process and Quality.
A trained, industry-ready Java professional can easily be absorbed as Software Developer, Web Developer, Software Engineer, Software Support Engineer, J2EE Developer,etc.