There is a lot of confusion in the minds of people in general when it comes to learning or makes efforts to possess extra skills in the form of soft skills. The majority of students and aspirants do not have complete awareness of this skill and its importance too.
Soft skills can be defined as an overall uplifting of ethical awareness in etiquettes and behavioural representation of your own self, the definition of this skill vastly varies and so are the ways of learning and adapting them in real life.
Types of Soft Skills
- Communication Skills: This is the most common, widely used and popular form of soft skills. Every company looks forward to having employees who are not only skilled in their respective skills but are equally good as an effective communicator. Such people can not only do a task but can also present it the best way possible.
- Leadership Qualities: Every single organization seeks candidates who possess leadership qualities in them as it is easy to do a task but it takes immense talent in getting a task done from a team in smartest of ways by keeping the team happy as well as motivated.
- Problem Solving Skills: Impediments and hindrances are a part of the work cycle and it is rightly said that encountering many problems is a good sign as it shows that work is in progression and not stagnant. Finding out solutions to all that impediments in the correct way is very crucial, the person who is equipped with such a skill is a great asset to the company as he never lets any problem be a barrier and ensures the solution is found and implemented.
- Time Management: Considered to be the most in-demand skill this is where majority of the working professional lack behind, getting a task done is important but getting it done within the time frame without any compromise in the quality of the product is the preeminent part which plays a very crucial role in the development of the organization and professional himself. Time is one such resource which can never be recouped and thus it is rightly said that the one who can manage time can manage anything.
- Listening Skills: It is a very famous saying that the root cause of our maximum problems are misunderstandings and almost every misunderstanding happens because we do not listen to what is saying, we never listen to understand but we listen to the reply, and this tendency of vehemently justifying the points causes a majority of scuffles. Listening skills is highly recommended for every entrepreneur, professional and entry level aspirant.
Soft Skills for an IT Professional
Soft skill is an amalgamation of all the above-mentioned points and to bring all these in daily life we need knowledge, training, guidance and immense practice.
Let us consider a scenario where a web application for accounting purposes is developed and now a presentation is to be given to potential clients. In these situations, companies usually depend on and rely on communication graduates as they are verbally more eloquent, but if a person from development department has good speaking skills, it will be a better presentation show as he knows best what he has developed and no one can briefly explain its working in a more effective way.
Now there can be instances where an IT graduate is highly adept in communications but average in development or designing part, for these candidates doors of IT are wide open as there is a massive requirement for such professionals, few of such positions can be:
- Technical Representative
- In-house IT marketer
- Technical Support head
- IT communication manager
- Chief Technical Business Officer
There are many other employment opportunities present for the candidates who are proficient in the field of IT and equally capable in soft-skills
Soft Skills are of immense importance and high in demand, this skill can be learned if the guidance and training is of highest standard, with IIHT, multitudinous candidates have learnt this skill and developed a successful career, we conduct classes, training sessions, lectures from the best of trained professionals who make sure that the training given is highly interactive so that the fear of stage, fear of public speaking or crowd phobia is completely eradicated and every participant puts in diligent effort to correctly express his viewpoints in whichever way asked.