Learning Management System has been constantly evolving to include features and enhance the learning experience of students. IIHT has taken it a notch higher by including cloud based labs where students can work and build applications, VMs and a lot more using the actual software and not just a simulation. Here are a few unbeatable features of new age Learning Management System that can’t be found in other tools for education:
- Support of various content formats: A Learning Management System manages and delivers all kinds of content. This includes video, live streaming, documents, audio, power point presentations and e-books. In the higher education and corporate markets, a Learning Management System includes a variety of functionalities that include instructor facilitated learning over virtual classrooms, a discussion board, power point presentations, videos and the use of a syllabus – used sometimes simultaneously.
- Customizable Features: Learning Management Features can not only have functionalities customized, but can also have the interface customized to the likings of the company. The colors, the look and feel and the ease of use for course participants can be considered as per requirements. The LMS can take on the tone and the language of the organization to drive through the company culture in order to prepare new employees and re-enforce the same to old employees. The trainer can also send custom email alerts and notifications to course participants as and when needed. Since everyone learns differently, an interesting challenge for learning technologies comes up. There can’t be a single platform that is built in order to do everything for everyone. Because of this complexity, a lot of learning platforms consist of a basic product with functionalities that can be augmented with extra features. This allows the admins create their own LMS with certain features that suit their needs. For instance, discussion forums can be used for discussing training goals and if it does not work, the feature can be easily removed. Course participants can be allowed to pick their custom learning journeys as per the course path. For ex. Data Science students can add in Machine Learning course if they so desire to progress in the Artificial Intelligence Path, if a student decides to learn AWS while learning Data Analytics, he/she can include that within the same Learning Management System. Social Features for peer interaction can be added as per the requirements of the course participants and instructors.
- New Age Reporting: Assessments are a key part of any learner. A tool that can make it easy to create and manage assessments is a worthy feature. Trainer and learner tracking makes it possible in order to keep track of progress and ensure the training being offered is as valuable as possible. IIHT’s Learning Management system is loaded with powerful analytics and reporting that allows the trainer to understand each of the learners’ progress or see the bigger picture like learning gaps that needs immediate attention.
- Less Expensive: Learning Management Systems help with huge savings in a number of areas-
- Reduced cost of travel and facilities because of virtual classrooms
- Reduced administrative costs for training program management
- Increase in revenues because of faster employee time-to-proficiency
- Increase in revenues because of better customer service and higher levels of customer satisfaction
- Decreased financial risks with regards to regulatory compliance requirements
- Improvement in company performance by ensuring training activities that align with needs in employee development
- Reduction in employee turnover costs by delivery of focused training.
- Decrease in IT hardware and support cost with the use of cloud based Learning Management System instead of installed software systems.
- Ability to enhance feature with a quick TAT: When a trainer or the course requires for a new feature to be added, activated or deactivated, it can be done almost instantaneously because of it all being available online.
IIHT’s award winning virtual learning systems have created hundreds of job-ready students. For more details, go to: els.iiht.com