Almost everyone who gets online these days use cloud service, sometimes even without noticing. Services like watching movies, listening to songs, use of email, storing documents and images etc. all use cloud computing in the back-end. Using cloud technology can help us create and design new applications, recover data, store and host websites, and do a lot more. Organizations use third party cloud computing service providers to host their products and the end customers use them, giving unlimited benefit. So who makes the magic work in the background? The Cloud Engineers of course!
Cloud Engineers work an interesting job – right from architecture planning to deployment to maintenance. They all start off as aspiring cloud engineers, and you, the reader could probably be one of them. General knowledge about Cloud technology is something that you, as an aspiring Cloud Engineer can use, anytime. So, here is a list of cloud service providers and a little bit about them, to get you started.
Cloud computing services are categorized into 3 types:
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): This cloud service provides the infrastructure like Operating System, Networks, Servers, Storage, Virtual Machines etc. on rent module basis. Ex. Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services
- Platform as a Service (PaaS): This is a service that is used for testing, developing and maintaining of Software. It is the same as Infrastructure as a Service but also provides tools in addition, like BI, DBMS etc.
- Software as a Service (SaaS): This is a service that helps users connect to any application needed using the internet on the basis of a subscription module.
Ex. Salesforce, Google Applications.
Here is a closer look at the most popular of them:
- Amazon Web Service:
- AWS is considered the safest and the most protected of all cloud services.
- It offers a large variety of infrastructure like computing power, database storage, networking etc.
- Static websites can be hosted using AWS
- Users can build complex applications which are scalable, trustworthy and flexible.
- Google Cloud Platform:
- This offering from Google makes use of resources like virtual machines, computers, hard disks and similar devices that are physically located in Google’s data centers.
- Google Cloud Platform is an integrated storage that is used by enterprises and developers for live data
- The service is feature rich with constant updates that are in many cases driven by client demands.
- It has a convenient Pay-as-you-go flexible payment plan.
- Microsoft Azure:
- Previously called Windows Azure, Microsoft Azure is used for designing, managing and deploying applications through the worldwide network.
- This Cloud computing service supports a number of databases, operating systems, programming languages, tools, frameworks etc.
- VMware is a world leader in Cloud infrastructure and virtualization
- Its cloud computing is exclusive and helps with the decrease in IT intricacy, gives flexible agile services, lowers expenses etc.
- VMware vCloud Air is a protected and safe public cloud platform which offers storage, networking, computing and disaster recovery etc.
- The Cloud solutions facilitate an organization’s profit the maximum by adding technologies, services, and guidance required to manage and operate the staff etc.
These are the main pointers for the most popular Cloud service providers that are used most. There are many more cloud service providers like Adobe, Hyper-V. OpenStack etc. The Cloud stack course at IIHT gives hands-on training in actual cloud labs for all of them! Get a look at what’s on offer at cloudstack.iiht.com!