Android App Development is one of the hottest career options available today. Whether we belong to the technical field or not, today everyone is influenced by Android Technology. As more and more people own smartphones and tablets, there is a huge market for Android! Infact, Android has gone completely viral!
So, what exactly is Android?
Android is Google’s mobile operating system used to develop various applications and games. Android was developed in 2005-2006, and eventually bought by Google in 2007.
Here are some interesting statistics about Android:
- Android commands 82.8% market share in comparison to other mobile operating systems. Most of the smartphones today are running on Android.
- Android has some very interesting and engaging features, games and applications for all age groups.
- Android is the most versatile mobile operating system.
- There are around 2 million Apps available on Goggle Play store, and this number is only going to increase.
- More than 1.5 million Android devices are activated across the globe every day.
- The job market for mobile app developers is growing up to 32% from 2010 through 2020.
- Android jobs are rising at a speed of 35-40% due to its increased usability
Various Job roles for Android Developer:
- Mobile App Developer
- Mobile App / UI Developer
- Java UI Developer
- Android App Developer
- Android Development Engineer
- Associate Android Developer
- Lead Android Engineer
- Senior Software Engineer – Android
- Android Framework Developer
- Technical Architect – Android
- Chief Engineer – Android OS Development
- Android OS Engineer
- Development Engineer – Android
- GUI Designer
- Application Programmer
- Game Developer
- Android Application Project Manager
Benefits of getting into Android Development:
- Android is open-source, thus it is easily accessible to everyone! The open-source feature gives more freedom and flexibility to Android developers. This is because developers can even extend the source code, modify it and create interesting apps.
Easy to Learn:
- Android is easy to learn. Once you are aware of Java, XML and Development Environment, anyone can grasp the concepts related to Android and get started with it.
Several Job Openings in the Market:
- Android developers are highly in demand. Many top MNCs are looking for professionals expert in Android Development. The demand is much more than supply.
Attractive Pay Scale:
- Android App Developers are earning quite well in the job market. If you are expert in Android, you are likely to earn a starting salary of 4-5 lakhs p.a. in India. With a few years of experience, sky is the limit. Average salary for Android developers world over in $100,000.
- Apart from working for a good company, Android developers also have the option to start on their own and do freelancing. Thus, your dream of becoming an entrepreneur comes true with Android Development. Be your own boss and work anytime, anywhere.
Best career to showcase your creativity and talent:
- If you are talented and are able to grasp the concepts well, then Android development is the best career choice for you. There are infinite opportunities to create apps and games that will keep you and others engaged for the years to come!
Tremendous Career Growth:
- As technologies change too fast, there is huge potential for Android developers to learn new stuff and create amazing Apps to appeal the masses. Your innovative and unique ideas can even make you earn millions and get popular.
Excellent Online Community:
- One of the best features about Android is that it has a vast and a very supportive community. These online communities interact with each other, help each other in developing the best Android apps that we experience today. The Android and the coding community is also very well connected and keep each other motivated to continue doing the good work.
To meet the growing demand for Android developers, IIHT has introduced a job-oriented programme in Android App Development. This programme comes under the category of ‘Mobility’. Equipped with state-of-the-art computer labs, well-experienced faculty, industry mapped curriculum, preparation for globally recognized certifications, IIHT is a leading Institute for all those who want to make a future in Android Development.
Some of the top companies looking for Android Developers are Google, Amazon, Facebook, Intel, Uber, Yahoo!, VMware, American Express, Ford Motors, and more.
If you love to be hooked to Android games and other useful applications, then Android App Development is the ideal career choice for you!