This practice became popular during the early 2000s. Performance consulting is a methodology that evolved from the discipline of instructional design. It is carried out by performance consultants who employ system thinking approach to solving problems of workplace performance. Today, performance consulting involves acknowledgement of various environmental factors that make an impact on the performance when analysis is carried out. While instructional design and development of learning and training solutions can assist with building skills and knowledge alone, performance consulting is a more investigative process. With changing environments, performance consulting has certainly become a must in today’s corporate world.
IIHT believes that providing content is just a beginning stage, but to make it successful, we need to ensure that an inclusive learning environment needs to be created in terms of packaging the set of courses depending on learning objectives;
- Let learner know the level of course
- Formative and assumptive assessments providing instant feedback
- Integrate as part of the course packages
- Project work to reflect and understand their ability to apply skills learnt
- Evaluate the project work and provide feedback to learners on their performance