Upon completing this course learners will have an insight into key concepts in VMware, including cloud and big data architectures, an overview of VMware tools and platforms, and the application of these concepts using standard industry tools and products.
- Learners will understand the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure using VMware.
- Learners will be able to optimize VMware infrastructure by having a thorough understanding of Cloud-based solutions and how VMware services align to it.
- Understand best practices and design patterns to architect optimal IT solutions on VMware.
WHY SHOULD YOU LEARN VMWARE?
VMware and virtualisation has been a real game changer for the IT industry VMware allows organizations to adopt a flexible user-centric approach to computing by decoupling applications, data, and operating systems from the end-point and migrating components into datacentres which can be centrally accessed via Cloud. Moreover, Desktop and application virtualization offer IT a more streamlined, secure way to manage users and provide agile desktop services that can be accessed on-demand. By delivering secure access to applications and data to any device according to business needs, VMware provides end-users with the high levels of mobility and flexibility.
1. Introduction to VMWARE virtualization
- Course Objectives
- Exploring VMware vSphere 6.5
- Products in the vSphere Suite
- Features in VMware vSphere
2. Configuring VMWARE ESXi
- Planning for ESXi Environment
- Installing VMware ESXi
- Configuring VMware ESXi
- Post installation Configuration
3. Installing and using VMWARE vcenter server
- Planning and Designing a vCenter Server
- Deploying the vCenter Server Virtual Appliance 6.5
- Exploring vCenter Server
- Creating and Managing a vCenter Server Inventory
- vSphere Web Client Administration
- Introduction to Virtual Network
- Course Objectives
- vSphere Standard Switches
- vSphere Distributed Switches
- Configuring Virtual Switch Security
- Importance of Storage Design
- Shared Storage Fundamentals
- Implementing vSphere Storage Fundamentals
- Leveraging SAN and NAS
6. Virtual Machine
- Introduction to Virtual Machine
- Creating Virtual Machine
- Installing Guest Operating System
- Installing VMware Tools
- Managing and Modifying Virtual Machines
7. Access Control
- General Idea of vSphere Security
- Securing ESXi Hosts
- Securing vCenter Server
- Securing Virtual Machine
8. Resource Monitoring
- Managing Resource Allocation
- Machine Memory
Managing Virtual Machine CPU Utilization
- Performance Monitoring
- Comparing Utilization with Allocation
- Storage vMotion
- vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler
- Working with Storage DRS
10. High Availability and Data Protection
What do you gain from IIHT’s Blended Learning ?
IIHT’s learning model is integrated with the latest Learning trends to ensure that the audience remains engaged and their overall learning experience is flexible, convenience and productive. What more? We provide you a unique and engaging content on a user friendly and immersive learning platform that helps you to not only attend the training sessions, but watch Learning videos, read Learning Materials, interact with fellow students, write to the faculty members, practice labs, 24×7 support from a single window that makes learning effective. The assignments and assessments designed as part of the course ensures you develop right capability to prove your worth in your existing job or with prospective employer. Our state of the art learning system helps you to connect with fellow learners who are mostly working professionals that helps you to learn through collaboration and knowledge sharing.